DigiTech has announced a new drum machine pedal for guitarists and bassists called SDRUM:
SDRUM is the world’s first intelligent drum machine for guitarists and bassists. By simply scratching across your guitar strings, you teach the SDRUM a kick and snare pattern that forms the foundation of the beat you want to hear. Based on this pattern, the SDRUM supplies a professional sounding drum beat with different embellishments and variations to perfectly complement your beat. Gone are the days of having your creative flow disrupted by searching through lists in a frustrating attempt to find the beat you want.
The SDRUM stores up to 36 different songs. Beats are played from a choice of 5 different kits covering a wide range of genres. The pedal also supports three different parts (e.g. verse/chorus/bridge) for each song that can be switched on the fly for enhancing live performances and exploring song ideas.
SDRUM is the fastest way to go from a beat idea to a working drum track.
- BeatScratch™ Technology creates drum patterns by strumming your strings
- 5 kits and studio quality samples for professional sounding drums
- 36 song memoriesVerse/Chorus/Bridge parts
- 12 different hats/rides styles
- Alternate instruments/voicings
- Dedicated Amp and stereo Mixer outputs
- Kick/Snare pads for tapping in a beat
- External FS3X support
- JamSync™ connectivity for interfacing with JamMan loopers
Here’s a video of how it works: