Back in June, I mentioned that Epiphone was working with Joe Bonamassa to create a Joe Bonamassa signature model Epiphone Les Paul. More details have come out about the guitar, and it is now available for pre-order in the US with a release date tentatively scheduled for this December. So far, American Musical Supply is the only US retailer that I’ve found that has it for pre-order. Andertons Music Co. has the guitar available for pre-order in the UK.*
The guitar has the following features:
- 1950’s rounded neck profile mahogany neck with long neck tenon for added strenth and sustain
- Mahogany body married to a hard Maple cap for that unique combination of warmth and bite
- Gibson Burstbucker 2 pickup in the neck and the hotter Burstbucker 3 in the bridge for added bite
- Black pickup mounting rings, a black pickguard, black toggle washer and black cavity control covers
- Limited run of only 1,000 guitars will be made
The price on American Musical Supply’s website is $699. Only 1,000 will be produced, so if you want one you may want to pre-order soon to ensure that you get one.
*Note: I have no affiliation with American Musical Supply or Andertons Music Co. If you see another online retailer that has these guitars for pre-order, feel free to list them in the comments.