The Mad Stratter has put out his 2008 resolutions for his guitar playing and his Web site. I haven’t thought too much about next year yet, but I thought I’d follow the Mad Stratter’s lead and post some goals I’d like to achieve during 2008 (although they aren’t quite as ambitious as learning to play all of Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Texas Flood).
- Become a better lead guitar player – I’ve never been a very good lead player, and I’d like to change this next year
- Play more regularly – Some weeks I play all the time; other weeks, it seems like I barely play at all. Ultimately, I’d like to carve out time each day to play, but I’d settle for just playing more consistently
- Play with other musicians – I haven’t played with other musicians in quite a while
- Refresh my knowledge of music theory – I spent quite a bit of time in college learning music theory, but haven’t focused on it in a long time
- See more live music and support my local music community – I don’t get out to see live music nearly as often as I’d like. I’d like to change this next year
I have a lot of ideas for this Web site next year. Here are a few of them:
- Post more consistently – Like my guitar playing, some weeks I post every day, while other weeks I don’t post at all
- Do more to help other guitar players – Like IG, I’d like to do more on this site to help other guitar players
- Add some new features – I have some specific ideas, but we’ll see what pans out
So, what are your guitar/Web site resolutions for 2008?