A local sports talk radio station has a weekly segment they call “Four Questions,” where they ask four interesting (and sometimes silly) questions, ostensibly about sports, but also about general culture. I thought that might make for a fun idea for this site, so here are four guitar-related questions:
1. If you had to give up the guitar in favor of another instrument, what instrument would you play?
2. Which Yardbird do you prefer: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page or Jeff Beck?
3. Which of the six guitar strings could you live without?
4. Humbucker or Single-coil?
My answers are:
1. I’d probably move over to the bass, but if I had to give up fretted instruments altogether, I think I’d take up the drums. I enjoy being part of the rhythm section.
2. Definitely Clapton. Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck are undeniably great, and they all make timeless music, but Clapton’s music and guitar playing just speaks more to me.
3. If push came to shove, I could probably live without the B string. In a rock context, I’m more of a rhythm player than a soloist, but I think I would need the high E string to add some high harmony to the lower strings.
4. It really depends on what kind of mood I’m in, but until last year, I didn’t own a guitar with humbuckers, so I guess I would choose single-coils if I had to choose between the two. I do love my Strat.
Posted in: Four Questions