Capo is my favorite music slow downer application, and developer Chris Liscio has released a new version of the app for both Mac and iOS. If you’re not familiar with this type of app, it allows you to slow down music from your iTunes library without changing pitch, which is very helpful when trying to learn a song.
What I like about Capo is its clean, beautiful design and its feature set. The new version of Capo for iOS, called Capo touch, features Chord Intelligence, which is a feature that attempts to automatically detect and display the chords being played in a song.
Here are the details of the new release:
Capo touch features Chord Intelligence—now also available on the Mac with Capo 3.1—that delivers improved chord detection accuracy and a wider chord detection vocabulary.
What’s New in Capo touch?
- Fully automatic chord detection with Capo’s brand new Chord Intelligence engine
- Guitar chord box display with quick selection of alternate ways to play a chord
- Automatic beat detection with bar/beat display for easy region looping and metronome count-off for practice
- Seamless integration with iTunes to access your music library
- Landscape view, easy scrolling, touch zooming, and other user interface improvements
- Independent speed and pitch controls to listen to fast licks slowly or change the key of any song
- Excellent sound quality even when played considerably slower
- iCloud Sync between all your devices (Mac and iOS)