This year’s Summer NAMM show is just around the corner and will be held on June 18-June 20 here in Nashville. For the first time ever, they are opening the doors to non-NAMM members on the last day of the show for what they’re calling “Wanna Play Sunday.” Entry into the show on Sunday will cost $20, with the proceeds benefiting NAMM’s Wanna Play Fund.
The Wanna Play Sunday portion of the Summer NAMM show will include the following sessions and information:
* “Get Endorsed” – Learn how you can capture the attention of music product manufacturers to get yourself endorsed from top artist relations executives: Joe Hibbs (Mapex), Bob Borbonus (Taylor), Chris Gero (Yamaha), and Dick Boak (Martin Guitar)
* “Setting Up a Home Studio”– Learn techniques you can employ to get professional sound quality out of your home systems and how to set your system to the same specifications as industry professionals. Presented by Doug Roberts, owner of Doug Roberts Creative, a company focused on home studio installations.
* “Garage Band Test Drive” and “Logic Pro Test Drive” – Whether you’re a new user or frequent user, make the most of Garage Band and Logic Pro! Experts from Apple will be on hand to help you learn all the ins and outs of these popular music making applications in hands-on workshops.
Education Sessions from Master Clinicians
* Drummer Jim Riley of Rascal Flatts and Modern Drummer magazine’s 2009 #1 Drum Clinician of the Year will offer unique drumming tips.
* The world’s top finger-style guitarist and master clinician, Doyle Dykes, will demonstrate his techniques and style in this amazing workshop.
* Victor Wooten, an American solo bassist, composer and author, will demonstrate his amazing musical ability.
* Legendary guitarist Eric Struthers for the Neville Brothers and master clinician will demonstrate the Zoom Pedal and show how to use the techniques that have made him an icon.
* Plus a wrap-up performance by Victor Wooten and Eric Struthers.
Additional Features Include
* A Sirius radio taping of “Heroes Behind the Hits,” featuring three of country music’s top songwriters talking about their inspiration for the music they have written. Watch as they perform live, and enjoy their music and stories in this intimate setting.
* Twenty-minute informational sessions with renowned guitar manufacturers C.F. ‘Chris’ Martin IV, chairman and CEO of C.F. Martin & Company; and Bob Taylor, principal of Taylor Guitars. This is a unique opportunity to get an insider’s perspective on the business, the instruments they make and the future of the industry.
* “The Best Band You Never Heard” event, offering musicians a chance to jam together using the “Best In Show” product of 2009 Summer NAMM called JamHub.
* The Reunion Blues Vintage Guitars Road Show. Bring your classic or vintage guitars and find out from the experts what they might be worth.
* Free guitar re-stringing from D’Addario
* A fast drumming competition. Think you’re fast? Test your skills!
* Live music throughout the day
* Join in the annual Summer NAMM Drum Circle. No musical ability needed. Everyone is welcome to join in the fun!